DEEP EAST TEXAS COLLEGE AND CAREER ALLIANCE
LAMAR INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY AND STEPHEN F. AUSTIN STATE UNIVERSITY
Dual credit students must complete the following steps to enroll in dual credit courses:
- Watch the DETCCA Dual Credit Information Video
- Read the DETCCA Student Handbook
- Complete and sign the family/student handbook acknowledgement
- Complete and sign the transportation/medical consent form
- Look at LIT’s or SFA’s Power-Point for parent/student orientation purposes.
- Watch LIT or SFA’s video on how to apply for dual credit at the college of your choice.
- Apply online to the college of your choice without a fee.
- Schedule a meeting with Mrs. Richmond, the high school counselor, by calling 409-420-6600 ext. 2224 Monday – Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Bring to the meeting the family/student handbook acknowledgement form and the transportation/medical consent form.
- Complete the dual credit enrollment form in Mrs. Richmond’s office.
- FACE-TO-FACE ON NEWTON HIGH SCHOOL’S CAMPUS:
- Level 1 Certification in Welding Technology – Instructor: D. Odom
- FACE-TO-FACE AT THE DETCCA CAMPUS IN JASPER:
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA)/Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
- Automotive Technology
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Criminal Justice
- COMING SOON….2022-2023 School Year!!
- SFASU Parent Meeting – Dual Credit Program Information
- ApplyTexas.org – Applying to SFASU Dual Credit Program (Deadline is March 12, 2021 for 1st time students)
- Sign up for the TSI with Mrs. Richmond (Deadline is March 12, 2021)
- Advising appointments will be made with Mrs. Richmond once TSI testing is completed.
- College Algebra (Spring) – MATH 1314
- Music Appreciation – MUSI 1306
- Public Speaking – SPCH 1315
- Intro to Philosophy – PHIL 1301
- Sociology – SOCI 1301
- Psychology – PSYC 2301
- Government – GOVT 2305
- US History 1763-1877 – HIST 1301
- US HIstory 1877-Present – HIST 1302
- Composition & Rhetoric – ENGL 1301
- Research & Argument – ENGL 1302
- Technical & Scientific Wtg. – ENGL 2311
- Introduction to Literature – ENGL 2341