DEEP EAST TEXAS COLLEGE AND CAREER ALLIANCE
LAMAR INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY AND STEPHEN F. AUSTIN STATE UNIVERSITY
2020-2021 Dual Credit Information
Dual credit students must complete the following steps to enroll in dual credit courses:
- Watch the DETCCA Dual Credit Information Video
- Read the DETCCA Student Handbook
- Complete and sign the family/student handbook acknowledgement
- Complete and sign the transportation/medical consent form
- Look at LIT’s Powerpoint or SFA’s Video for parent/student orientation purposes.
- Watch LIT or SFA’s video on how to apply for dual credit at the college of your choice.
- Apply online to the college of your choice without a fee.
- Schedule a meeting with Mrs. Richmond, the high school counselor, by calling 409-420-6600 ext. 2224 Monday – Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Bring to the meeting the family/student handbook acknowledgement form and the transportation/medical consent form.
- Complete the dual credit enrollment form in Mrs. Richmond’s office.
- LIT Parent Meeting Powerpoint
- LIT - How to Apply for Dual Credit
- ONLINE COURSES:
- Health Informatics
- Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement
- Teaching & Training
- Real Estate
- Anatomy & Physiology I/Lab (½ sem)
- Anatomy & Physiology II/Lab (½ sem)
- FACE-TO-FACE ON NEWTON HIGH SCHOOL’S CAMPUS:
- Medical Terminology (½ sem) – Instructor: K. Johnston
- Legal & Ethical Aspects of Health Info. (½ sem) – Instructor: K. Johnston
- Culinary Arts – Instructor: K. Jones
- Welding – Instructor: D. Odom
- FACE-TO-FACE AT THE DETCCA CAMPUS IN JASPER: