STEPS FOR APPLYING TO COLLEGE
1. Check with counselor to see if you qualify for a fee waiver prior to starting the process of applying and taking entrance exams.
2. Apply for college: www.applytexas.org If the college is out of the state, you will need to apply directly to the college on their school webpage.
3. Register for a college entrance exam.
5. Apply for Scholarships locally and through your college financial aid department.
6. Request a transcript be sent to the college of your choice. There are forms located outside the front office window in a black 3-ring binder or you may email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the transcript be sent electronically.
7. Dual credit students will request a transcript be sent to the college of their choice in addition to their high school transcript.
8. Get a meningitis vaccine and mail/fax a copy to the college.
9. Once accepted, apply for student housing on campus. A meningitis vaccine is required.
10. Sign up for your college’s orientation.
College for All Texans webiste is a great resourse for college planning: